Friday, June 18, 2010

Stalking: its like love, only different

I have found myself trying to live vicariously through other people's posted pictures. I'm not saying my life is boring (as i spend 40 hours a week on the computer and go running up and down the stairs to prevent getting hemorrhoids...excuse the pay channel language) but i do go on facebook and get all these updates on people's seemingly exciting lives and LOOK and the pictures they post.

I look at the photos and think "how fun" or "how cool" and most of the time i think "sons of @#%(&es , lucky $%^&ards" but now i realize that....People post pictures because they want others to stalk them.

They are just advertising themselves as adventurous and fun...they are posing...LITERALLY and...figuratively (it's like a pun). ANYWAY, there is no need for me to envy someone who has to prove they have a good time by documenting it constantly. I have plenty of fun, i just don't haul around a camera and pause every thirty seconds when I'm in a moment.

if i took a picture, i would look back on it and think..."remember that time i stopped having a good time to take an un-photogenic/ hideous picture of myself..."

Cameras, facebook, etc...it is all changing how people have a good time. Instead of just ENJOYING themselves, everyone is looking to be, well, picture perfect.

i'm not saying i will stop stalking everyone (i'm way to bored to do that), i'm saying well, that i'm not a creep...maybe someone who takes pictures every 5 seconds is more of a creep.

3 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more. Sometimes I just want to post pictures of trash to offset the uber-adventurous pictures I see in my newsfeed. I'm convinced that these ppl's lives aren't as glamorous as they seem in pictures, but it's facebook- where people perceive you as the way you portray yourself. Anyways, if I weren't so damn bored all the time, I'd probably delete mine. Now that I've found your blog, I'll have a new way of stalking someone I love.

    p.s.
    I'm on a diet of narcotics right now. Please excuse discrepancies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you calling me unphotogenic and creepy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. "i dont do things, i just take pictures of myself doing things"

    ReplyDelete